Friday 3 July 2020

The country soul !!



I listen to the music of my mind

Eternally mirroring those moments unkind

The words that fail

In blows of gale

Of yes or no of doubts unsigned.



I walk so far from country soul

Judging the road or a rapid roll

The steps that haste

In sleepless rest

Of stony heart of a racing droll.



I sing a song of a lonely bird

Whistling pain of an erring nerd

The tune that splits

In lighted streets

Of grieving notes of a rural bard.



I whisper tales to rains and spring

Passions tied to cluttered string

The dreams that weep

In gallows strip

Of losing nativity in urban bling.



Life traverses the time's way

Living needs to earn and pay

It runs and flees

From inner peace

Through shining black to a boring grey.


(I wrote this decades back...nice to find it back from an old diary)

4 comments:

  1. I must have read this poem of yours some 10 times over sir... Each line resonated so well that I just couldn't help reading it again and again.

    Your writings are so beautiful sir they need to reach a larger audience. Three of us bloggers are trying to put together an idea on how such beautiful writings as urs can reach more and more readers. Hope we come up with a concrete plan so that we can introduce these beautiful pieces to the world out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brings much pleasure to find you liking the poem...I wrote it in my thirties...I could remember just beginning two lines while I commented and mentioned it on one blogger's post...later, I could search it out..
      Best regards

      Delete
  2. Beautifully crafted with such profound meaning!The closing stanza so deeply illustrates the cost we pay to exist.

    ReplyDelete

Patience !

  The beginning is mysterious The end fascinates I see its flight The projectile of life…. The own dreams, follies and a few deeds...