Thursday 30 July 2020

Soulcage

Why to confine you more?
It has lasted for moments
And hours, for days and years
Justice never meted 
Reasons never assigned
Purpose never had mission
The learned raven goes on
Chanting the sacred name
Knowing neither ends of the tale
The path has too many bends
Shrouded by mist, 
Pebbles are nostalgic
Inert is the cage
Passion does no more bind you
Find you behind those bloody veins
Why to confine you more?
They move from space to space
Delight flourishes in flight
Burn the wings of wishes
The ashes shall have no remorse
Between cells, why to shuttle in and out?
The divine gift lies unconscious
In forlorn corner of sky
The golden moon weeps 
Her face loses shine in the wane
Still shining? Still revolving in 
A passion to come closer one night?
The celestial flight leaves a signature
Upon the universe; who knows how
Shall it make me bankrupt soon?
Is it securing a place on the page
Or a dot is just a dot—an aberration
Of thought or pursuit of some dream
Suddenly interrupted by an exclamation?
Why to confine you more?
The night is living
So is the day
Alive is the worm or the rose
The faint broom of light 
Reminds that the dying comet is still alive
Alive is the sun
Burning till the end
A dwarf shall be dark and heavy
With void attracting 
Devouring all in a moment
Will it confine you too
As I do now?
Will there be justice
That you deserve
The liberty that you seek for?
How does it matter for me?
I have only loved you
Encaged, chained to a distant dream
Lying naked, abandoned
I love to see you there
I envy your purity
Like then, I used to hold you close
Loving, caring, like a bud of a rose
It is all a forgotten tale
There is nothing left but the wings
Heavy, unable to flutter it more
I love lying motionless beside you
Folded those wretched wings
I love seeing them idle
Never wished to fly
I love seeing them confined
Purposelessly honouring my company
As you do, unloved in the cage
Only it pricks so often
Why to confine you more?

4 comments:

  1. Just today when I was wondering that answer less question of "What... Why... Where... " revolving around purpose in life again... I am glad I read these lines of your poem sir..

    "Or a dot is just a dot—an aberration
    Of thought or pursuit of some dream
    Suddenly interrupted by an exclamation?
    Why to confine you more?"

    ReplyDelete

Patience !

  The beginning is mysterious The end fascinates I see its flight The projectile of life…. The own dreams, follies and a few deeds...