Monday 3 August 2020

Faith

Have we crossed the path?
In the realm of my noon
Beside the placid pool
Shadowed in the embrace of trees
Where water spiders dream
In leisure of sleeping leaves
Did I meet you there?
Sailing in my slender boat
Through a silver stream 
Bathing in moonshine
Have I seen you alone beneath 
A lonely branch on the bank?
Was it you, in whiteness of black?
The gentle stroke of my oars
Echo the wailing of ripples
Following each other never to meet
Have I touched you ever
On the alluring shore
Between the fading footprints?
The waves kiss the sky
Wings of little gull scoop the mist
For wishes to creep into
Did I see you on the beach?
The path soaked in crimson blood
Believing in colours of love
The dust tells the tale of the last traveller
Who vanished behind the bend unknown
Did I lose into your shadow there?
The night is aging, so is time
So am I, are you too?
Amidst the brown leaves
Some wilted emotions die
Amidst rustles somewhere
Have I heard your footsteps?

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful words... Made me remember of all those footsteps that I lost to the shadow's and the rustles of brown leaves... But I am not sure if I hear them anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so profound and clear emotions. I like your way of writing poems. Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gifted with words..🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith!
    How many times have we seen her veiled in orb flashing in mind’s eye, dancing on our pulses, for ever near yet for ever far. We have searched her along. In our world, we search her along in the rustle of leaves and in the loneliness of the lawn beside the lake besprinkled with flowers as water spiders dreams in infinite slush of leisure. A search chiselled in senses to sense one beyond senses!

    We meet her in many bends in our lives…. but, she comes only to leave and fade into shadowy oblvion. For once, the traveller is crossed, “the night is aging, so is time/So am I, are you too?’ but deep inside, he has heard her footsteps. Faith is there, beside the bend…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your presence here has graced the reflections of my thoughts, Amitjyoti...it is undoubtedly a precious privilege for me to meet you, know you, learn from you, spend hours over diverse academic discussions ranging from poetry to novel, history to mythology, music to art, social issues and human behaviour and many more....your responses have always been poetic, philosophic and enriching...
      I wish...and ever more wish to read you more on pages beyond this limited space of comment box...
      take care, dear !

      Delete

Patience !

  The beginning is mysterious The end fascinates I see its flight The projectile of life…. The own dreams, follies and a few deeds...