Saturday 26 December 2020

Awakening....

 This is an attempt to translate a beautiful poem written in Bengali by my childhood friend and life partner, Lopamudra...


Candles walk in…arrayed in the darkness

Dumb, deadened, yet aflame in dull habit;

Defeat is not the fire, a social identity,

Yet, the faith is not a piece for all.

The nature is all set to be bankrupt,

Why still is such intense search for lies?

The debt has outgrown repaying strength of life.

In this yellow wilted ancient age,

Sins appear, one by one…candles in hand

Alike baby snakes; venom trickles down the wretched spine,

The mighty curled snake of revelation

Wakes up from a deep slumber in faint light of candles.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the depth of the poem Sir... Wish there could be an awakening call is all I could think and pray for while reading each line of the poem. Hope ma'am and you are in good health and are fine. I had e-mailed on your id sometime back just to say hello. Been long since I heard from you. My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Patience !

  The beginning is mysterious The end fascinates I see its flight The projectile of life…. The own dreams, follies and a few deeds...