Wednesday 19 November 2014

A journey within.....


Only roses know the best of love
And lips know the saddest lies
So do I of a weird dream
That bleeds but never dies

The temple bears the deeds and sins
And the rainbow bears the rays
So do I of an autumn morn
That shines but never stays

The faces hide the nicest soul
And wings hide a deadly flight
So do I of a fallen leaf
That severs but never loses delight

Only kids listen to unknown tales
And hearts listen to a sigh
So do I to the mourner's dirge
That surrounds but is never nigh

Trees whisper to new-born birds
And dews whisper to aging night
So do I to my own reasons
That revolt but never fight

The winter walks to season's seed
And the spring walks its green
So do I to the Holy Cross
That beckons but never lets me in

2 comments:

  1. Hello Saibal.
    Is "Expedition Airaavat- In the Shadow of The Celestial Elephant" penned by you? I read up to end of day 1 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience--felt like I'm back in the mountains, albeit, on a trickier trek:) Will be back to savour more. Want to enjoy one day at a time to let the images and words work their magic:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, ma'am..it was written on my trekkers journal by Ashutosh of Delhi...that's "wandering souls"--featuring travelogues of different trekkers...it died of indifference....mine is 'footsteps'...that too died of quicksand...
    I find it as quizzing to spend this wet evening to infer how could this old dampening poem take to such a prospective world of travelling in the mountains...
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete

Patience !

  The beginning is mysterious The end fascinates I see its flight The projectile of life…. The own dreams, follies and a few deeds...